The web marketing, online marketing, is undoubtedly an area fast and ever-changing. New platforms, new applications and tools for the Inbound Marketing and Content Marketing are now made available on a daily basis.
Yet, while online marketing should already be a must for Professionals and Entrepreneurs, very few they are those who are doing a great job and they are getting results through their web marketing activities.
Are you among them? You are not getting (or are getting poor) results from your online marketing?
If so, most likely, you’re not doing what it really needed or, worse, are you doing wrong things or spending time and / or money unnecessarily.
That said, do not blame … we try to remedy together … analyzing the 4 reasons why very often the web marketing does not produce the expected results.
Do you remember or if you do not know me, you … I state that I do not speak to the specialist but as an entrepreneur, that is, one who, if he puts money (in marketing online or otherwise), want to get results. They do not therefore affect the mental blowjobs on social media, the bullshit on the need to have so many technicalities or the like … for me only count the results. Maximum results with the least possible investment. Clear?
Clarified this item, we come to the probable four main problems of your online marketing and try to figure out how to solve them in order to obtain, finally, the results from your efforts and from your web marketing activities.
#1 – Your website / blog is not properly optimized
The Search Engine Optimization (SEO) is often a tricky business. Maybe you are thinking that you did (or that those who have made your website / blog has done …) the maximum in this direction but I’d be willing to bet that if your online marketing does not produce results, it is not.
Here are some things to consider:
- Choose the right keywords: Every day I come across Professionals and Small Businesses who have used short keywords, general keywords to find himself immersed in a sea of competition. You must focus on keywords with longer, more specific and detailed to emerge.
I give you an example … if I were writing an article focusing on the keyword “web marketing” I would have little chance to emerge and even if it happened, I could intercept a “public” is not of my interest. But if I go on to detail “trying” my targets and focusing then on “web marketing for professionals and small businesses” would undoubtedly more likely to be rewarded by Google and also to get in touch with my target audience Are you there?
- Think of keywords as appropriate for your business and your target: A keyword is not just a word … it’s a question. When your potential customer goes to Google and type in a keyword, you are looking for information. He is then asking a question, even if not the formula as such.
- Once you have defined the correct key word does not just plug in your content: To get results you must, at a minimum, to use them in the meta description, in text tags, and image and insert it in the titles.
- Do not overdo the keywords: As mentioned you need to use them, but the context in which you use is as important as, and sometimes more than the amount.
Your website / blog and every single page or content are optimized according to these prerogatives?
#2 – Do not analyze results
Certainly true that many professionals and a lot of Micro and Small Enterprises have now put online a website or a blog and a Facebook page, but few are those who bother to check and measure the results of their efforts in online marketing.
If you are among these, there is no excuse. There is no plausible reason not to devote proper attention to this data.
The problem is that you probably do not do it because you have no results, but avoid doing it … less results.
Tools like Google Analytics provide detailed information that show you for example how people come to your site, whether it be a click on an ad or an email newsletter, whether they have reached you through Facebook or through an organic search on Google. Facebook also gives you important information about your visitors / followers of your page.
This is the minimum wage to evaluate your results:
- Watch your Google Analytics data. You must be clear which pages are attracting the most traffic and which ones cause the abandonment of your site / blog.
- Review your data and your fan page on Facebook. You have to know what content they get the highest number of likes, shares of but above which carry traffic to your site / blog!
- Check open rates and response rates and / or conversion of your email marketing initiatives. You must carefully determine how much you can actually engage your (potential) customers.
Knowing your numbers is increasingly important in the business. So it is in online marketing. After all, if you do not measure anything, how do you know what you need to improve?
You may also like to read another article on BSOinvest: Leveraging Internet reviews to improve the company
#3 – You are not optimizing your web pages based on the data
As you have already guessed, monitor Google Analytics data and other sources is important, but will not help you get results in your online marketing less if you do not do something based on data analyzing.
When you have specific information on how your potential customers are coming to your website / blog, how to abandon him and how they are affected by your e-mail marketing, or by post on various social you use, you can use it to improve all your marketing strategy and your any web marketing campaigns.
Here are some tips
- If a web page on your site has a high dropout rate, do some A / B testing to find out what the problem is having your customer and how to solve it. Make sure to test one item at a time. For example, if you think the problem is the call to action, do a test to see what happens if you change only and above that element.
- Refine your social media strategy to increase the involvement of your customers. If you notice such that the images will always guarantee a participation rate much higher than the posts written, increases the number of posts that contain images or helps your writing with appropriate images. The same applies if you notice that the involvement is greater on certain days or times. Remember always that the goal is to bring traffic to your site / blog more than getting like and shares … Do I remember that I always speak as an entrepreneur, and that in the face of money or effort you have to get leads and sales. I like and comments should produce revenues. Clear?
- Work on the subject of your email and improve your copy. You have to have open rates and response / conversion satisfactory.
#4 – You are not creating content and / or are not interesting
At the dawn of the Internet, Bill Gates once said: “The Contented is King”. His statement was extraordinarily prescient.
Today, the creation of content and in-formations can be the heart of any online marketing strategy for success and unfortunately still too many Professionals and almost all of the Micro and Small Enterprises are moving poorly on this fundamental aspect of web marketing. The contents are as the essential basis of any strategy of Inbound Marketing.
You can then obtain significant competitive advantages:
- Opening a blog: The blog posts are great way to engage your (potential) customers regularly. Each blog post must offer something of value to your potential customers. It can be an accurate explanation, practical advice on a topic relevant to your industry or your target audience…
- Setting up a publishing schedule for your social media: Not all of the content you share they have to be original. The important thing is that they are at least:
- Relevant to your industry
- Show competence and / or experience
- Useful for your customers
- Where possible, curious or entertaining
- Creating Video: The videos when well made, interesting, useful and / or instructive, being easily available, are always particularly appreciated.
Keep in mind that Facebook has an option of automatic programming of the post and that you can also use online tools to manage and schedule all your publishing activities on various social.
These four errors are familiar to you. Unfortunately I fear that if you read this post until this point we are…
The good news is that you probably now have a better idea, are therefore ideally placed to boost your online marketing, and get the results you want.