Often those who wonder “How to become an entrepreneur” forget the crucial importance that covers the necessary change in mentality required to be that after years as an employee chooses to go it alone
How to become an entrepreneur after years of success to other people’s addictions?
Those who choose to take the big leap in order to be successful must drastically change their professional approach modeling it according to the requirements and responsibilities required by the new role.
While the employee’s primary goal to complete on time the tasks assigned to him by his superiors to be paid, the entrepreneur, and also the self-employed, has the need to find ways to make everything work perfectly with your company ensuring prosperity and stability.
Knowing how to develop a good business mentality means so learn a whole series of rules that allow the company to be able to rely on a business management projected to both growth and common sense: the essential characteristics able to confer stability in the short and long term.
The value of money
Those who want to become successful entrepreneur must first learn the value of money and the so-called business risk. Unlike the employee, the freelancer or who conducts a business activity should be considered in the course fee envisaged the risk arising from its investments in the business and not a subset of the costs:
- Taxes: Depending on the chosen VAT applies its tax but, in general line, we can say that those who work on their own in the end will be left with about 50% incantatory in his hands;
- Insurance: Since, in contrast to many employees, the entrepreneur does not have an employment contract including any insurance coverage, if you want to protect themselves from injuries, illnesses or other, must enter into accepting responsibility for policies that would reduce the risks to a minimum (the most popular are those dental insurance or health, but also about life and invalidity);
- Pension contributions: The freelancer who wants to secure a peaceful future, should think about putting aside for their own account in his pension contributions that will be returned when you can no longer work due to age (in this case the percentage of contributions varies depending on the VAT option, therefore, not to be completely without a pension of seventy years, it is strongly advisable to seek support for the accountant or adviser as soon as you undertake the activity);
- Furniture and office rent: The entrepreneur himself needs to pay the office rent and all the furniture to be inserted inside it (desks, chairs, shelves, etc.);
- Devices for work: As in the previous point, in this case, the freelancer has to buy his own pocket all the technological devices and means to enable them to perform at their best the required activities (computers, printers, tools, machinery and so on. );
- Accessories and extra costs: In this case we refer to all those costs relating, for example, in business cards, brochures, catalogs, etc.. Another major cost to be reckoned then certainly that of advertising, which especially today, is an increasingly necessary component for all entrepreneurs (advertising can be done via internet, radio, television, paper, etc.).
You may also like to read another article on BSOinvest: Business Innovation: 9 Rules For Research and Innovation
Looking beyond tomorrow
In addition to considering-calibrate the most of the economic aspect of the matter, the freelancer has a good entrepreneurial mindset must also prove farsighted learning to predict what might happen in the future in its sector.
There will be changes that will influence the market trend? Customer requests will undergo changes? Will take over the new services can supplant the old? And most importantly, what marketing operations will serve to keep the company in a positive administered?
To find the right answer to these questions is first of all necessary to adopt a corporate management that have a pivotal role factors such as planning and strategy: essential components to which devote at least an hour a day to drive their business towards growth and development.
At least 5 hours a week, then to study their product sector, to assume new product ideas, evaluate the performance of the market, closer to the public, sponsorship and make networking between customers, employees and competition (even with competitors may arise good alliances).
The employees and the team
Staying on the subject of collaborations and alliances good, who wants to become successful entrepreneur, must absolutely learn to delegate the tasks assigned to dispose of excessive workloads, making sure to always guarantee the public’s highest level of quality possible.
Whether it is internal or external colleagues, the business mentality of the freelancer has to direct it towards winning coalitions with serious and motivated professionals, who will help him to grow the number of projects taken and earnings, putting the individual figures in the condition of work less, making better.
These are our practical tips for how to become a successful entrepreneur even after long years spent in the employee’s shoes: precious suggestions to be taken into serious consideration before you plunge headlong into its business plan.